Laurie is a shareholder and has been at Anderson Hunter since 2004. Laurie’s practice focuses on family law matters, including dissolution (divorce), custody disputes, parental relocation, parentage cases, modifications of existing domestic orders, child support and post secondary support, non-parental custody actions, adoptions, and dependency cases. Laurie also assists clients seeking or defending domestic violence protection orders and anti-harassment orders in superior and district court. She also advises clients on prenuptial agreements and property settlement agreements, as well as the dissolution of domestic partnerships.
In 2009 Laurie was recognized as a “Rising Star” by Washington Law and Politics in the area of family law, and is currently a trustee for the Snohomish County Bar Association and secretary and board member of the Snohomish County NAMI affiliate.
Prior to joining Anderson Hunter, Laurie was a criminal prosecutor for the City of Everett (2003-2004) and a high school teacher at Mountlake Terrace (1993-2001).
Laurie enjoys running, tennis and cycling. She lives in Everett.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Relocation with Children
- Child Support
- Post-Secondary Support
- Non-parental Custody
- Protection Orders
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Domestic Partnerships
- Cohabitation Agreements
“Thanks especially to Laurie who provided just exactly what I needed to navigate this separation. Her clarity and efficiency was so welcome and helpful. It was a pleasure working with her and I will certainly recommend Anderson Hunter, and Laurie in particular, to anyone I know who needs help.” ~ Client of Laurie Ummel
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Member of Snohomish County Bar Association, Family law section
- Everett Library Board Member (2015)
- Trustee, Snohomish County Bar Association (2013-2015)
- Past Secretary, Snohomish County Legal Services (2005-2011)
- Volunteer Attorney, Snohomish County Legal Services
- Certified Attorney Guardian Ad Litem, Snohomish County (2010)
- Past Board Member, NAMI Snohomish County (2013-2015)
- 2004—Seattle University School of Law, JD cum laude
- 1994—City University, MEd
- 1993—University of Washington, Teaching Certification
- 1991—University of Nevada, Reno, BA (Political Science)