Geoff is a shareholder and has been at Anderson Hunter since 2005. Geoff is one of the most active trial attorneys in Snohomish County, and routinely handles cases in Island, Skagit and San Juan Counties as well. Although experienced in many litigation areas, Geoff’s practice primarily involves all areas of family and domestic law, as well as business and commercial litigation. He also litigates real property and boundary disputes, estate and will contests, and guardianships. Geoff has represented clients at all court levels, including before the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Geoff is admitted to practice in Washington and Montana, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Washington State and National Supreme Courts. He has served in many leadership capacities in the local and state bar associations, including serving as past president of the Snohomish County Bar and Treasurer of the Washington State Bar Association from 2009-2011.
Geoff has received the singular honor of being awarded the Snohomish County Clerk’s Choice Award in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2011, not only for his trial advocacy, but for his demeanor and effectiveness when serving as a Judge Pro Tem and Superior Court Commissioner Pro Tem. Geoff is also a skilled mediator, assisting other attorneys and their clients in settling cases, and arbitrator in cases that cannot be settled.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Non-parental Custody
- Business Litigation
- Real property Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Litigation
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Member of Snohomish County Bar Association, Family law section
- Member of Skagit County Bar Association
- Past Governor, Washington State Bar Association (2007-2011), Treasurer (2009-2011)
- Past Member, WSBA Rules of Professional Conduct Committee
- Past President, Snohomish County Bar Association
- 1976—University of Washington, LLM (Law & Marine Affairs)
- 1975—University of Montana School of Law, JD
- 1971—University of Montana, BS (Economics)