Michael’s practice focuses on real estate, collections, and construction law. Michael advises clients on buying and selling residential and commercial property, promissory notes, deeds of trust, boundary line agreements, easements, boundary line disputes, adverse possession, and real estate development. He also works with clients to foreclose deeds of trust and homeowners’ and condominium owners’ association liens.
His collections cases address the most efficient way to collect money from a debtor or resolve a related dispute, such as evictions, garnishments, post-judgment foreclosure, and attaching real estate. His collection practice also includes effective drafting of contracts to increase his clients’ rights in the event they need to collect.
His construction practice focuses on contract formation and revision, and foreclosing mechanics’ liens.
Michael represents clients in both state and federal court, including federal bankruptcy court. He also litigates matters involving property disputes, lien foreclosures, and collections, and assists clients in contract negotiations and disputes. Michael represents individuals, businesses, public entities, real estate brokers, non-profits, property owners, landlords, developers, contractors, and subcontractors in real estate, collections, and construction.
Michael is a shareholder and has been at Anderson Hunter since he clerked here during law school in 2003. He and his wife Jamie, who is also an attorney, live in Edmonds with their family.
Areas of Practice:
- Construction Law
- Real Property
- Lien Foreclosures
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member of Rotary Club of Everett
- Affiliate Member of Snohomish County Camano Association of REALTORS
- Member of Washington State Bar Association, and its Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Construction Law Section, and Creditor-Debtor Section
- Member of Snohomish County Bar Association
- Member of the Western and Eastern Bankruptcy District Courts in Washington
- Published in Herald Business Journal regarding collection issues
- Former Board Member of Snohomish County Legal Services
- Former Board Member and Counsel for Everett Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member and Past President (2008-2009) of Snohomish County Young Lawyers
- 2004—Washington & Lee University School of Law, JD
- 2000—University of Washington, BA, Political Science and History