Vickie has been an attorney with Anderson Hunter since 1981. Vickie’s practice emphasis is on employment law issues, including discrimination, harassment, FMLA and other leave laws, and employment practices. Vickie frequently provides training and legal advice on a variety of employment law topics for local employers and professional groups, including Snohomish County PUD, Sno-Isle Libraries, Everett Clinic, Port of Everett, The Herald, Port of Edmonds, City of Everett, Northwest Human Resource Management Association, and Everett Chamber of Commerce.
Before joining Anderson Hunter Vickie was a Snohomish County Deputy attorney prosecuting criminal matters (1978-1981).
Vickie and her husband J Leach, a Court of Appeals Judge for the State of Washington, live in Everett and enjoy traveling, reading, and their cat, Bob’D Cat.
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Member of Snohomish County Bar Association
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Board of Governors, Washington State Bar Association (1992-1995)
- Special District Counsel, WSBA (1989-1992)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President, WA Chapter (2000)
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Snohomish County Chapter, Washington Women’s Lawyers
- Board Member and Past Chair, Planned Parenthood of Western Washington (1998-2005)
- Board Member, Everett Public Library (2010)
- President of Snohomish County Public Defenders (2009 – present)
- Board Member, Everett Community College Foundation (2014 – present)
- 2012 Recipient of the Richard Wendt Award of Excellence for Contributions to the Arts
- 1978—Willamette University, JD
- 1974—University of Washington, BA