Sarah O’Farrell McCarthy
Sarah’s practice focuses on municipal law and employment law. She also advises individuals and families on elder law and guardianship issues, as well as probate administration, estate planning, and estate litigation.
Before joining Anderson Hunter, Sarah served as clerk to the Honorable Mary Kay Becker of the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division One, and to the Honorable Jennifer Gee, District Chief Judge of the U.S. Department of Labor’s administrative trial court in San Francisco, California. Sarah is a graduate of Stanford Law School and Whitman College.
Sarah is a native of Whidbey Island. She enjoys gardening, home improvement projects, and traveling to visit family in Ireland.
Areas of Practice:
- Municipal Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning, Guardianship, & Probate
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Volunteer Attorney, Housing Justice Project, Snohomish County Legal Services
- Volunteer Attorney, Volunteer Attorney Program of Island County
- 2009 – Stanford Law School, JD, Pro Bono Distinction
- Stanford Journal of Animal Law & Policy, Senior Managing Editor
- 2002 – Whitman College, BA Summa Cum Laude (Philosophy), with Honors
- 1998 – South Whidbey High School